Saturday, February 25, 2012

40 Bites! (bites... get it?)

I had a client contact me to make some cookies for her husband's 40th birthday. She had seen a cookie cutter that looked like it had a bite taken out of it and asked if I could make something similar. He was not handling the transition out of the 30s well so she wanted to do something kinda funny. I did 40 of the round cookies, each with a "bite" taken out of it. Then we did a plaque cookie with her joke message to her husband. She wanted me to surprise here with the flavors so I wanted try something new. I'd never been able to pull of chocolate chip cookies so I thought this would be a good time to change that :) It took 2 failed attempts but I think I finally got them right. The other flavor was vanilla bean with lemon icing... some thing a little more light and refreshing. We were originally going to put 40s on all the smaller cookies but she didn't want to rub in the age thing too bad so we decided to do plain frosting with sprinkles (because everyone likes sprinkes, right?). She was taking them on a trip over the weekend, I can't wait to hear how they were received by her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment