Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Family Reunion in Maryland


Shhh, it's a surprise. My good friend Abby asked me to make her some cookies to take with her to a family reunion she is on a plane flying to right now. I wasn't allowed to post pictures of anything until after she got there because her mom loves Facebook and we are friends :) I had so much fun making these, we had a whole list of ideas but settled on Crabs (you know, cuz it's Maryland), Chickens (because supposedly they are well known for their cooked chicken), and to surprise her grandma we did "Mom P" cookies, complete with bright pink lipstick. I have to admit, grandma was a bit of a challenge to figure out. I had to do these all in one night so I couldn't do too many layers that had to dry... then I discovered food markers! These things are awesome! I drew out 10 heads with hair and then just filled in the lines, easy as pie. I cannot wait to hear how the family likes them... I'll post an update if I hear anything.

See more pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment