Wednesday, January 4, 2012

American Beekeeping Federation Conference


I was asked to donate some "bee" themed cookies to the American Beekeeping Federation conference next weekend in Las Vegas. I really wanted to do something to highlight the honey so I did some research and made a few batches of Lavender Honey cookies with Honey/Vanilla Royal Icing. It took a few tires to keep the lavender subtle but these were really tasty and something very different that you could really taste the honey in. I am fortunate enough to live in a place were local honey is available almost anywhere so I was able to use Round Rock Honey in my recipe. The wings on the bees were dusted with honey powder to add some extra sweetness and texture. It was amazing on just the smallest amount of honey added to icing really came thru in the flavor, I may have to start using it more often ;) Hopefully the beekeepers enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment