Saturday, November 19, 2011

Oooooooooooooh

The claw chooses who will go and who will stay... and who's head gets eaten first.
What little boy doesn't love Toy Story? I haven't found one yet that has seen the movie and didn't connect with at least one character. That being said, I wasn't surprised when I was asked to make some of these iconic characters for a 3 year old boy's birthday party. Her son was in love with Buzz Lightyear but she didn't want a bunch of Buzz cookies, so instead we focused on making the birthday boy one big Buzz cookie and the rest were going to be the ever funny three-eyed aliens. 

I had these monster cookies cutters from halloween that I never even got to take out of the package, one was the perfect alien head shape... the only problem was that it didn't have an antennae... what was I going to do? 

To be honest, these weren't supposed to be party hats. I customized the cookie by adding the triangle on top, thinking that I would just draw on the antennae since I could find no reference anywhere of them ever wearing anything on their heads. Once they came out of the oven and I started decorating I determined that my triangle was way too big and left too much open space to just draw on a little antennae so I thought, what the heck... I will make the first aliens in party hats :) I don't know why but I was very excited to do these, I almost gave them names but that would of made them harder to eat. I had made two Buzz cookies (you know, in case you stick your finger in one moving it to the cookie sheet to dry) and both came out great (so mom got one too). This buzz cookies was one of my most complicated ot date, each color had to be laid in and allowed to partially dry before I could do another one. 

I'm sure I will be making more of these in the future, especially the aliens... maybe the next ones can have cowboy hats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment