Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bees, what to do with left-overs


So I originally made 2 batches of cookies for the American Bee Federation. The first batch was a little strong on the lavender and light on the honey so I made a second batch to make the honey stand out more, since these were for bee keepers after all. But now I had a bunch of strong lavender cookies that I didn't want to go to waste. I decided to ice them plain with a lemon flavored frosting to see if that would help balance the lavender flavor. Let me say these were delicious.

Now that I know the flavor worked I wanted to try painting on them. I've seen the blog for a wonderful cookie artist, Arty McGoo, who paints wonderful cookies in all sorts of themes. Since I knew these could be a quick and easy design, I was inspired to try painting these cookies and see how they come out. I just did them really quick but I can say I'm not as afraid to try as I was before. I got a lot of good compliments on they way they look so I may have to try my hand at a more complicated design in the near future.

Okay and I had to share this... My son (who is 3) wanted to "help" me decorate one morning. So I filled a bottle and let him decorate one of each cookie all by himself. He came out while I was painting the bee cookies and asked if I could please paint a bee on his cookie too. He was very proud of his cookie and showed it to everyone, for about a day, then it was promptly eaten :)

No comments:

Post a Comment