Monday, July 18, 2011

Animal Crackers in My... Soup?

Animal crackers in my soup
monkies and rabbits loop the loop,
Gosh, oh gee, but I have fun,
swallowin' animals one by one.

I recently purchased an awesome set of vintage animal cookie cutters from my local antique mall and immediately thought of Bake@350's posting for frosted animal cookies. I know she's not the first or only one to have this idea, I've seen quite a few of them, but hers was the first one that came to mind. 




I have a friend in college that used to eat these thing by the tub full (well the non-frosted ones anyway, they're "non-fat" so it's okay to eat a bunch, the frosted ones were a treat). I've been trying to think of something to make for her and her family as a nice "thinking of you" kind of gift, and these are going to be it. It wasn't until after I got them all decorated and ready to ship that I realized I broke the cardinal rule of cookie shipping... Don't ship anything with "limbs," and these are nothing but limbs. I'm gonna try and reinforce them a little and hope they make it. With 3 boys, not counting her husband, I'm sure if they are a little battle damaged by the time they get there. Even limbs will taste good going down.


See close-ups of the animal cookies/crackers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment