Saturday, May 14, 2011

First ever cookie class

First Cookie Class • All in one Bake Shop, Austin TX

9am began my adventure into an unknown realm of sweet treats. I'd always wanted to do something creative that I could eat and cookies seemed to be the perfect solution. My previous attempts at sugar cookies always seemed to fall flat... ever cut a cookie and it looks perfect going into the oven but turns into a giant unrecognizable blob when it comes out? That was the only experience I had with sugar cookies. Just being able to roll something out and have it come out of the oven exactly as it went in has been worth it's weight in powdered sugar. We got started and dove right into the decorating, I learned thinks like flooding, outlining, dragging, crazy star and leaf tips, color mixing... I was surprised at how easy it all seemed (but isn't everything easy when it's all laid out for you before hand). The class was super fun and I think everyone was pretty impressed at the way they came out for a first attempt, half of them didn't even make it home with all the hungry people willing to "test" them for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment